If you want to increase your brand recognition and acquire more potential customers, you should present your product professionally. With that, you should have the best camera for product photography. Meanwhile, there are many options in the market, making it challenging for you to choose the best one for your needs.
Don’t worry because we will make your search easy. The following is a list of the best cameras for your product photography needs.
- Our Top Cameras for Product Photography Reviews
- Best Overall Product Photography Camera: Sony a7R IV Full-frame Mirrorless Camera
- Best Product Photography Camera for the Money: Canon EOS REBEL T7i
- Best Cheap Product Photography Camera: Sony Alpha A6100
- Best Mirrorless Product Photography Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
- Features to Consider for Best Product Photography Camera
Our Top Cameras for Product Photography Reviews
Best Overall Product Photography Camera: Sony a7R IV Full-frame Mirrorless Camera
Our top pick for the best camera for product photography is the Sony a7R IV Full-frame Mirrorless Camera. We know that you need a high-quality camera that can take the details in high resolution in product photography. That’s the benefit of this mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. It is also loaded with unique features that can enhance your product photography experience. The product is a good investment if you need to shoot lots of products.
- 61 MP full-frame sensor – The Sony a7R camera features a 61 MP full-frame sensor. With this feature, you can create exceptional photo quality with workable files. It can capture images that have unprecedented resolution making it perfect for product photography.
- 5-axis image stabilization – The camera comes with an in-body 5-axis image stabilizer algorithm for high-resolution optimization. It is beneficial to maximize the image sensor performance of the camera.
- Excellent low light performance – Another unique feature of the Sony a7R camera is its excellent low light performance. With its ISO range of up to 32000, you can have noise management and hassle-free low light shooting. It also has excellent functions for video recording.
- Accurate color reproduction – The Sony a7R features a 15 stop dynamic range at low sensitivities resulting in better color accuracy.
- It comes with excellent durability so that you can take it with you without any hassle. Unlike other cameras in the market, it is not uncomfortable and too heavy. It weighs about 1Ib 7.5 oz.
- The camera has an excellent design for maximum use. It has a well-proportioned grip that makes the camera securely in hand and sits comfortably in long-term handheld shooting. It also has a high level of dust and moisture sealing for protection against shooting elements.
- It has an impressive selection of native lenses for close-up and macro work. The best about it is that you can use third-party lens manufacturers, including Sigma, Tamron, and Zeiss.
- Some complaint about autofocus accuracy issues which make the camera unresponsive.
- Stunning resolution: world’s first 61MP full-frame 35mm back-illuminated Exmore R CMOS Image Sensor. The product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie
- High speed: up to 10Fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking; 26. 2MP in APS-C crop mode
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus: 567 Phase detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points to cover more area
- Advanced subject recognition: real-time tracking and real-time eye AF for humans, animals and movies
- Accurate color reproduction: 15-stop dynamic Range at low sensitivities for greater Color accuracy
Best Product Photography Camera for the Money: Canon EOS REBEL T7i
The Canon EOS REBEL T7i is another quality camera for product photography. We choose it as the best product photography camera for the money since it can provide a good value for your specific needs. It is a good product because of its advanced features. It comes with two-pixel autofocus and a 24MP sensor.
- Hybrid Image Stabilizer – The Canon EOS REBEL T7i camera comes with Hybrid Image Stabilizer so that you can have sharp images during handheld shooting. The camera is ideal for lifestyle product photography.
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor and 24.2 MP CMOS sensor – The camera’s DIGIC 7 image processor and 24.2 MP CMOS sensor work together to give you colorful, detailed, and attractive photos of your products. It has an ISO range of about 100 to 25600 that allows you to provide excellent shooting even during low light situations.
- Wireless connectivity – The camera comes with Bluetooth, NFC, and built-in WiFi that let you connect easily to your compatible devices.
- Variety of lenses – Another unique feature of the EOS Rebel T7i is that it is compatible with various lenses, including EF-S and EF lenses.
- High-speed continuous shooting – The camera has high-speed continuous shooting up to 60 fps. So, you can shoot the best details of your subject.
- The Canon EOS REBEL T7i supports Bluetooth so that you can manage it from your control panel or smartphone. It is convenient for your product photography needs.
- You can also use EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software on Windows and Mac to turn your compatible camera intolow-light an excellent quality webcam.
- It features a rotary screen that can help you take pictures even at unusual angles without looking in the viewfinder constantly and using a lightbox.
- It has a small viewfinder compared to other product photography cameras in the market.
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) sensor
- Built in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth Lens used: EF S 18-55 millimeter f/4-56 IS STM (at focal length of 55 millimeter)
- High Speed continuous shooting at up to 60 fps Weight Approx 1877 ounce/532 grams (including battery pack and SD memory card) Approx 1711 ounce/485 gram (body only)
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (room temperature, evaluative metering)
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon Camera into a high-quality webcam
Best Cheap Product Photography Camera: Sony Alpha A6100
If you want a practical but quality tool for product photography, the Sony Alpha A6100 camera can be the best option for you. This mirrorless camera comes with an ISO range of 100 to 32000. We choose it as the best cheap product photography camera because of its affordability and excellent quality. It is also loaded with functional features that will enhance your product photography.
- 24.2 MP sensor – The camera has a 24.2 MP sensor that allows you to produce excellent image quality. It has an extensive Sony E-mount lens selection, so you can have large-aperture optics for taking photos with a shallow depth of field.
- Touch tracking – With its touch tracking, you can have continuous and smooth focus tracking of your subject. You can take quality pictures with just a simple click on the display screen.
- Flexible low-angle shooting – The best about this camera is that you can tilt the monitor upward by 180 degrees and 74 degrees downward. So, you can easily frame up your product when shooting from high or low angles.
- Quality image in dimly lit settings – It has enhanced noise suppression allowing you to create cleaner images even in dark settings. The camera’s expanded ISO sensitivity is up to ISO 51200 for stills.
- The Sony Alpha A6100 is easy to use and user-friendly. It allows you to capture beautiful details of your products. So, you can have a beautiful representation of your products and attract more customers for your brand.
- You can create attractive images of your products with their natural color reproduction feature.
- It supports QR, NFC, and WiFi for simple remote control and file transfer. With it, you can easily share your files to your devices.
- Unlike other cameras in the market, it doesn’t have in-body stabilization, so it can be challenging for you to take photos in challenging situations.
- World’s fastest AF at 0.02 sec. W/ real-time AF & Object tracking
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ front end LSI and ISO up to 51,200
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting5 at 24.2MP RAW w/ AF/AE tracking
- Real-time AF Tracking, Real-time Eye AF for human and animal
Best Mirrorless Product Photography Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
The Fujifilm X-T2 can be the best mirrorless camera for your product photography. It has convenient navigation and a 24.3 MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor. The camera is an efficient tool to take sharp photos of your products. It can provide a good value for your money and photography needs.
- Advanced SR Auto mode – The camera’s advanced SR auto mode allows for fully automatic and intellectual shooting. It is convenient for newbie photographers. It also has increased focus points from 49 to 91, which can impact the quality of photos.
- Lockable dials – The camera features lockable dials for simple and quick handling. You can easily manage the ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, exposure compensation, Metering Mode, and Drive Mode of the camera. In addition, the selected controls come with a lock and release buttons to improve their overall operation.
- Dual SD card slots – The Fujifilm X-T2 also has dual SD card slots for reliable data storage of quality images of your products. The slots are compatible with UHS-II standards for incredible write speeds. You can use the slots for backup, sequential recording, sorting to record RAW and JPEG files.
- Speed tracking sensitivity – The speed tracking sensitivity identifies the camera’s tracking characteristics according to the changes in the subject’s speed.
- Excellent image processing – It has a great X-Processor Pro image processing engine four times faster than the previous model. The camera has increased computational power and built-in memory to maximize the function of the X-Trans CMOS III sensor. So, you can produce the best quality photos.
- Elegant and lightweight design – The Fujifilm X-T2 comes with an elegant and compact design. It has a robust and lightweight body making it convenient to use, especially for your product photography.
- It is an ideal camera for product photography, thanks to its top-quality 24.3 MP sensor and autofocus system. With Fujifilm X-T2, you can capture detailed and vibrant images.
- It has a solid body that has high resistance to moisture, dust, and low temperature. It is designed with magnesium alloy for increased durability and weather-sealed in 63 points.
- If you want a flexible shooting, this camera is best for you. The camera has a three-direction tilting LCD screen that enables you to shoot products from the best angles.
- It has a small handle which can be inconvenient if you have big hands.
- 24.3MP X Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor reduces moiré and false colors to improve image quality and X Processor Pro engine increases response times, achieves faster AF, lower noise and better color
- Dust and moisture resistant body with approximately 63 points of weather sealing; Freeze resistance to 14 Degree Fahrenheit
- High precision 0.48 inch, 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder featuring a magnification of 0.77x and Ultra fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag time of 0.005sec
- Full 4K 3840x2160 30P/25P/24P shooting (Using a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher) ; Power supply: NP W126S Li ion battery (included)
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3 Inches tilting LCD monitor with three-directional tilt.EVF Magnification ratio 0.77x, Shutter time lag 0.005 sec, 100fps live view. Operating Temperature: -10 degree Celsius - +40 degree Celsius
Features to Consider for Best Product Photography Camera
Do you plan to buy a new camera for product photography? Then, the following are the features you should consider to get the best product photography camera for your business.
One of the essential factors in buying a camera for product photography is the resolution. You should check the camera’s megapixel count. Thus, the higher the number of megapixels, the higher and bigger quality of the print will be. In addition, high-resolution sensors allow you to crop very tight but still print bigger. It also means less compression and more details. So, you can crop and edit the composition without risking anything.
The suggested resolution for a product photography camera is about 40MP to 100MP+. It is best for big commercial projects. However, keep in mind that you can still create excellent product photos even with a 12MP camera. Choose the resolution according to your needs.
All cameras come with auto mode. However, most professional photographers don’t use it since it can be unreliable sometimes. Thus, they use manual mode to have complete control over the aspects of photography. Remember that automated camera settings are not always accurate. If it’s your first time trying manual mode, don’t worry since it’s easy to learn.
You can choose the shutter speed, ISO, and aperture combination of your camera with a manual mode. So, you can achieve the correct exposure. Additionally, you should be able to adjust the white balance for capturing precise colors.
Dynamic range performance
Keep in mind that product photography is also about lighting. With that, you should have the best product photography camera with a great dynamic range. Choose a camera that can make a beautiful lighting around objects. It should let you take the darkest shadows and brightest highlights equally. Cameras are not created equal; they also have different dynamic range performances. Since you can’t test each camera, you can rely on camera reviews for their dynamic range performance.
Another critical factor in choosing the best camera for product photography is lens selection. Models with higher megapixels are available at a specific price. You can prefer a more expensive lens with excellent resolving power and sharpness. If the lens doesn’t produce sharp images, it negates your camera resolution. Therefore, select a system with reliable lenses. In addition, you should choose the lens type for your camera.
Although point-and-shoot cameras and smartphones are impressive, built-in lenses will not provide everything you need for product photography. You can choose lenses that can be useful for various situations. For example, a 24 to 70 mm lens is ideal for lifestyle product photography. On the other hand, macro lenses are perfect for small items like jewelry.
By considering this buying guide, you can avail the best camera for product photography. With that, you can have the best photo composition of your products. In return, you can present your products in the best possible way and attract more customers to choose your brand.
To sum it up, choosing the best camera for product photography is essential to present your product in the market. Your camera can be an essential tool to have an attractive and professional representation of your product.
If you have high standards for your product photography, you can choose from the quality cameras we mentioned above. Get your camera now to take a beautiful photo of your product to attract more customers!