The DSLR or camera is a very expensive investment and certainly why you would need to keep this thing safe and sound, undamaged, and always in good condition. Like other camera accessories, a handgrip camera strap costs a lot, and maybe you are aware that photography isn’t a cheap occupation. A handgrip camera strap is a piece of must-have equipment to ensure the camera is in good condition and prevent damage. In this article, we will be sharing the best handgrip camera straps available online with you.
Out Top Best Hand Grip Camera Straps
There are a lot of handgrip camera straps available on the market today, which makes it hard to pick the right one for you. To help you ease the annoying experience of looking for the right one, we will be giving you the best options available.
Best Overall Hand Grip Camera Straps: Peak Design Cuff Camera Wrist Strap Black
If you are searching for a comfortable and stylish camera handgrip strap to carry DSLR, mirrorless cameras, and medium format cameras, then this Peak Design Cuff Camera Wrist Strap is a perfect choice.
This handgrip camera strap is considered the most fashionable, trendy, and discreet way of protecting your expensive investment from accidental fall. It instantly connects to your unit and secures it as the tough strap, which cinches your wrist and locks in your hand for additional safety.
The thickness of this strap makes sure it not just offers comfort in use, however you can use it with larger cameras, which include medium format, DSLR, mirrorless cameras, as well as GoPros and even pocket-sized point and shoot. The anchor link offers ease of use, safety while slim and newly upgraded cord slips in camera strap eyelets or loops.
An ‘anchor link’ system provides speed, ease of use, and security of operation, while slim, newly upgraded cords slip through camera strap loops or eyelets. It has two connectors that are string-type and rated to accommodate big cameras. It is padded, and you can adjust it to any length for your comfort.
- This is very comfortable and easy to adjust
- This is very versatile
- Keep your camera safe due to the integrated two connectors
- Available at a high price due to the reliability and the quality of the materials used
- Not immediately intuitive to use
- Ultralight quick-connecting wrist strap for on-demand security.
- Works with DSLR, compact and point-and-shoot cameras
- Dyneema Anchors alert you to wear and tear
- Limited Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty
Best Hand Grip Camera Straps for the Money: MegaGear Cotton Wrist Strap
If you want a hand grip camera straps for the money, then MegaGear Cotton Wrist Strap is a perfect choice. This is one of the most stylish and fashionable types of hand grip straps available on the market today.
Knotted like a hair scrunchie, this weaved hand strap is made of cotton and available in cream or black and provides equal parts of convenience and comfort while boosting enough strength to support your mirrorless camera or DSLR.
It connects key ring type to the lugs or eyelets of your camera through a small metal ring. It also comes with a fixed coiled length, though there’s a toggle located closer to the ring end, which enables its tightness to be changed dependent on the dimension of your hand or wrist, allowing your camera to be kept tight and snugly against your palm. It depends on the territories; there’s an option of size, length as well as color. You can choose from 24cm, 75cm, and 100cm. So, with regards to keeping your camera secure and safe, there is only one product you can rely on.
- Universal Compatibility: This hand strap is made to fit mirrorless, SLR as well as DSLR cameras such as Nikon, Canon, and Olympus, Sony, Panasonic, and many others.
- Easy and Quick to Install: This hand strap is made to be conveniently and quickly attached or connect to your DSLR.
- Reduced Arm and Hand Tension: The adjustability features of this hand strap keep the camera tight against the palm and helps in reducing strain at the same time boost support in extended use.
- Some find it annoying to use due to the length of the strap, which is fixed or non-adjustable.
- Few colors to choose from; this hand strap is available in a limited number of colors.
- DURABLE COTTON - The MegaGear wrist strap is made from high quality and soft cotton that is comfortable and feels pleasant on your skin.
- SECURE - MegaGear Wrist Straps are designed to secure your camera with an adjustable wrist strap that helps prevent accidental drops or instability.
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY – The MegaGear wrist strap is designed to fit most SLR and DSLR cameras including Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Fujifilm, Leica and Panasonic.
- QUICK and EASY INSTALLATION – The MegaGear wrist strap designed to be quickly and conveniently attached to your camera.
- REDUCE HAND and ARM TENSION – Adjustability allows you to keep your camera tight against your palm, and helps reduce strain and improve support through prolonged use.
Best Cheap Hand Grip Camera Strap: USA Gear Professional Hand Strap
If you are looking for an affordable option for a handgrip camera strap, then this one is for you. This hands grip comes equipped with a neoprene design, together with a metal play for better safety when latched to the camera.
This is also versatile with regard to compatibility. Utilize this USA Gear Professional Hand Strap with your DSLR or point and shoot camera. You can adjust this easily to fit any camera. The handgrip and wrist strap combination assists in preventing accidental falls, allowing you to move freely as well as steady without getting in your way when shooting photos. This is strong and lightweight for utmost support without being annoyed by a neck strap. It comes with a metal plate that connects to a ¼ tripod mount on the camera.
- An extremely comfortable stabilizing hand strap makes this ideal accessory, offering improved safety and stability when taking pictures.
- Handgrip and wrist strap combination helps avoid accidental drops
- Fast release buckle enables fast attachment for easier on-the-go pictures. Fast two-point connection links to the strap as well as tripod mounts for utmost portability
- Color pattern design that matches other gear products from the USA for a fantastic look.
- The bottom screw place is poorly designed. So, it would be best if you detached the bottom plate when mounting the camera.
- Lack of compatibility- one reason for the lower rating of this product is the lack of compatibility with different tripods as well as mounts.
- VERY COMFORTABLE STABILIZING STRAP makes this camera strap the perfect camera accessory; providing increased safety, stability and control for taking photos, shooting stills or video
- WRIST STRAP & HAND GRIP COMBINATION helps prevent accidental drops, allowing you to move freely and steady without the strap getting in your way while taking photos
- FEEL SECURE WITH DURABLE NEOPRENE CONSTRUCTION that is lightweight and strong for premium support without being bothered by a neck strap | METAL PLATE connects to 1/4 tripod mount on your camera
- QUICK RELEASE BUCKLE allows for simple attachment for much easier on the go photos | EASY TWO-POINT CONNECTION attaches to your strap and tripod mounts for maximum portability. One-Size-Fits-All
- COLORFUL PATTERN DESIGN matches other USA Gear products for a fresh fashionable look | BACKED BY 3 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY
OP/TECH USA SLR Wrist Strap
Reasonably priced and utilitarian in designs and styles, OP/TECH USA SLR Wrist Strap is a practical solution made from a 1.4-inch wide neoprene pad that has nylon webbing and leather tab construction. This is able to hold a camera with a lens connected to the tune of 4.5lbs; therefore, it no slumps.
It is a uni loop solution that makes connecting or attaching to the camera easily and quick. It also comes with a safety slide feature tightening the harness in your wrist. This strap was made to keep the camera closer to your palm; therefore, you can be up and taking photos with ease and comfort as well as peace of mind that it will not slop from grasp.
- This is one of the cheapest hand grip straps for cameras available on the market today.
- Simple and practical design
- It also comes with comfortable padding for additional comfort on your wrist.
- Very basic design
- The wrist strap is just half as wide as it is. It’s 1 inch wide and could be cut down with ease to 1/2” wide.
- Ideal wrist strap for small SLR, lightweight Mirrorless and compact cameras
- Comfortable and flexible neoprene pad
- Plastic slide tightens the strap snugly around the wrist for a secure fit
- Easy to attach with a rugged 3/8" Mini QD with 1. 5mm cord loops (note: if your camera has lugs designed for split rings, we recommend attaching a split ring to avoid any sharp edges or burrs from cutting The cord)
- Made in the USA
What to Look for In The Best Hand Grip Camera Straps
Here are the things you need to inspect when picking a handgrip camera strap. Keep in mind; you trust this product to hold your expensive investment. The most costly hand grip strap is not essentially the best. But, ensure the bargain strap will not cost you more in repairs in due course as it is made of low-quality material and breaks after some weeks of use.
You will have to make one choice when picking a handgrip camera strap is, of course, the material. The material used in making a strap is vital for many good reasons, such as aesthetics, comfort, and durability. There are many types of materials that are popular in the market today. So, research what your hand grip strap is made of. It’s the deciding factor between function vs. aesthetic, however, it forces you to consider what type of strap you want. Ask yourself some questions when shopping for one, such as:
- Will the material last for many times of use?
- How much pressure load can the material handle?
- Can it survive the outside elements when you are shooting outside?
There is a multitude of different materials. What best suits your needs? It is not specifically smart to bring a leather hand grip strap when hiking under rain cover; however, a thinner wrist strap is not sufficient to comply with wedding photographers’ needs. Here are some of the most popular materials to choose from:
Leather: Leather offers a tough solution for daily camera carry. On the other hand, you need to be mindful of the thickness as you do not want this material to be wet. Humidity will affect the chemical makeup and will change its functional properties; however, it looks lavish and sexy. You also need to be aware of patina as this material often changes color and wear in due course.
Paracord: This material serves a unique style; however, it is wildly rugged as well as serves a remarkable deal of functions.
Wool: This becomes itchy when wet or damp and is not ideal when utilized for long shorts; however, it serves its job as a hand strap for a small unit like point and shoot cameras.
Neoprene: This material is able to retain durability and flexibility all through varied conditions and temperatures, ideal for bringing on hiking or daily shoots.
Nylon: This is an extreme and powerful abrasion-resistant material looked to serve every need and requirement.
Wax Canvas: This type of material is impregnated with natural beeswax or paraffin-based wax, applied or woven into the cloth for a snug hold. This repels rain or mist; do not soak it in a puddle.
It is hard to concentrate on your shoot when your hand is uncomfortable with a low-quality camera hand strap. So, make sure to search for a comfortable material and lots of adjustabilities to make sure a comfortable and snug fit.
There is nothing worse than a handgrip camera strap breaking and dropping your camera. If the weight capacity of your strap is higher, then it is better. Some handgrip camera straps will list the utmost weight, while some will list the suggested load weight.
Other Things You Need to Consider
- You need to pay attention to the weight limit of the strap you buy and ensure it is rated for the gear you have.
- Opt to a wide strap. The wider your strap, the more consistently the weight from the gear gets distributed. Therefore a 1 ½ inch or 2 inches hand grip camera strap will feel more comfortable compared to the narrower unit.
- Check the stitching. You need to ensure no loose threads or place them on the strap where the stitch is pulling apart.
- Make sure the handgrip camera strap comes with superior metal snaps, rivets as well as buckles. Never trust your expensive camera to wimpy rings or clasps. Search for a tight rivet and closed loops. This metal must retain its shape if you put stress on it.
- When picking a leather harness or strap, search for sturdy, thick leather that does not roll up quickly at the corners. It must be flexible however not flimsy,
- Check how your camera harness connects to the camera. Make sure to cover up the battery panel, which makes it hard to charge the batteries fast. Does the harness interfere with the tripod mount? You have to know your type of shooting and ensure the strap will assist and will not hinder.
If the camera drops out, that could happen anytime- it might become harmed or damaged. This could result in an expensive repair and can ruin your business. By picking the best handgrip camera straps available on the market today, you are able to protect your DSLR against falls and ensure that your photography session does not end in disappointment.
A hand strap is a good and remarkable option for photographers who do not want wrist wraps or those who have a helper to assist with lighting etc. You need to try this kind of straps and see the many benefits it offers.