A vlogging camera with a flip screen is a good investment since you are able to take your own videos and photos without needing your friend or someone to hold the camera. What is more, it also makes it simple and stress-free to make high quality photos and videos. Vblogging is fun but also hard if you are not armed with the best camera. Having a decent quality camera is a must, and any camera with a flip screen is the best one.
This guide will help you choose the best vlogging camera with a flip screen and the features you need to look for.
Our Top Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
We have accumulated a list of the best cameras with flip screens, handpicked by experts just for you. So, are you ready to be a YouTube star? If so, let’s take a look at the features of the following vblogging cameras that better suits your preference and budget.
Best Overall Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen: Sony DSC-RX100m V
On top of the list and considered the best overall camera with a flip screen for vlogging is the Sony DSC-RX100mV. It has 1.3 million dots or a 3-inch LCD Display, which rotates 45 degrees down and 180 degrees up. The screen automatically boosts brightness in direct sunlight; therefore, it keeps legible.
It is also integrated with 1- inch 201MP CMOS sensor and f/1.8-2.8 bright lens for stunning pictures. Due to the integrated rapid sensor readout features, your videos and images are not blurred and distorted. It is also easy to transfer pictures to your device with the use of the integrated NFC or Wi-Fi technology.
Are you planning to record videos? Worry no more as this vlogging camera with flip screen is able to record full High Definition 1080p at 60, 30, or 24 frames for every second; however, you are also able to record in Ultra HD and 4K video for up to five minutes. It is also easy to capture slow motion shots since you are able to take videos at up to 960 frames for every second, which is 40x slower than real-time.
- It offers a high-resolution screen
- The quality of the image is great
- Ideal for recording videos
- It has short battery life- shooting 4K Ultra HD video can drain your battery quicker.
- ELECTRONIC VIEW FINDER: retractable Tru-Finder EVF provides sharp resolution, bright self-illumination, and high contrast to view shots and adjust settings through a ZEISS T* coated eyepiece.
- AUTO FOCUS: World’s fastest (0.05 sec.) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase) which is great for action and wildlife photography
- AF DETECTION: The most comprehensive phase detection coverage in a compact camera utilizing 315 Auto Focus points
- SHOOTING SPEED: World’s fastest continuous shooting speed at 24fps3 w/ autofocus and auto exposure tracking to ensure exceptional high-speed photography
- IMAGE SENSOR: 20.1 megapixel 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM for outstanding image quality and continuous shooting.Battery life(still images)(CIPA):Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen for the Money: Canon G7 X Mark II
This is one of the best cameras with a flip screen for vlogging. It comes with a multi-angle three-inch LCD I display. It has 1.04 million dots resolution and can tilt 45 degrees down and 180 degrees up, thus making it easy to shoot videos on your own. It is also integrated with a very responsive touchscreen that allows you to change the setting of the camera with ease and browse the diverse menus.
State of the art Canon G7 X Mark IIcomes with high performance 1 inch 20,1 MP CMOS sensor as well as a bright lens of f/1.8-2.8 to shoot impressive and clear images regardless of the condition. It also comes with a new image processor that offers better image stabilization, automatic focus tracking as well as image clarity regardless of the light conditions. Also, you can shoot RAW+ JPEG or RAW mode for extensive adjustment choices.
This is not superb in taking pictures but does well in recording videos.
It can record Full High Definition 1080p video at sixty frames per second in mp4 format. Also, there are four different image stabilization modes to eliminate unnecessary camera shake as well as a time lapse mode.
- It comes with a touch screen
- The quality of the image produce is great
- Ideal to use in recording videos
- There is no 4K video offered on this camera
- The life of a battery is also short – so it is advisable to bring an extra battery, most especially if you are shooting videos outside far from your home.
- The advanced video capabilities of the PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera can capture moments in the quality they deserve
- Features a large 1.0 inch, 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor that helps capture high quality images and videos with a wide dynamic range. Autofocus system features tile autofocus and manual focus. Operating temperature is 0 to 40 degrees Celsius. Note charging time varies considerably depending on the remaining battery power
- An aperture value of f/1.8 at the wide angle and f/2.8 when fully zoomed to a factor of 4.2x (24-100 millimeter), this lens equipped to capture a variety of situations with precision
- High resolution, 3.0 inches LCD monitor that tilts up 180 degrees and down 45 degrees is ideal for self portraits and capturing pictures at high and low angles with ease
- Built in WiFi for on the go convenience and the ability to easily post your images to select social networking and media sites
Best Cheap Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX10K
If you want the best camera with a flip screen for video blogging, look no further than Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX10K.
Popularly called LX15, this camera is cheap and an extremely compact and smart pocket-friendly camera, something all vloggers, newbies, and seasons need. It is integrated with a 20 MegaPixel big sensor camera that combines a 24 72mm bright built-in zoom lens.
Among its amazing features, this also takes account of touch screen display and a remarkable user interface; smart video-based feature as well as video specs. This camera was specifically made to keep vloggers in mind with smart functionality as well as able t give amazing results.
Its superb size performance and size ratio make this camera a worthy catch against the established 1.0-inch sensor rivals. This is a remarkable mirrorless camera build Micro Tour Thirds lens that has 4K enabled video. The remarkable camera based on the OLEG system provides a smart and stunning viewfinder that provides a high resolution of 2.35 million dots.
With this state-of-the-art camera, you are able to experience the best and amazing quality video due to the integrated MPT lens, which boasts all the best and fine details. With its amazing fealties, this camera will surely prove to be a remarkable and enjoyable experience for you.
- It offers impressive and amazing 4K video
- Sleek and compact camera body that makes it stand out from the rest
- Superb touch screen as well as user interface and superb quality for your hard-earned money
- It has face detection focusing as well as articulating screen
- This has a slow start-up time
- There is no electronic viewfinder found
- Aggressive noise detection at the default setting
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 3X zoom LEICA DC VARIO-SU millimeter ILUX lens (24-72 millimeter) and POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts
- TILTING SELFIE DISPLAY: Rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) tilts upward 180 degree for easy selfie photos
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K photo and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken
- LENS-MOUNTED CONTROL RING: Manual lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body
- USB CHARGING AND WI-FI CONNECTIVITY: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity to your mobile device; micro-HDMI type D (3) and USB 2.0 micro-B provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices
Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless
This is considered the lightest as well as slimmest interchangeable lens camera available on the market today. It is a cheap camera that can make the task easier for vloggers. Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless is capable of recording some remarkable videos and shots.
The superb part is the value you obtain for your hard-earned money is remarkable and outstanding for YouTubers, as a mainstream of the people isn’t up for affording extremely expensive cameras at the start. It comes with three lenses such as 9-27mm lens, a fixed 9mm lens as well as a 17mm f1,8 lens.
The 9-27 mm lens is very recommendable for vlogging needs which would provide you the choice to take wide shots with the use of small zoom. You also have the choice to utilize the zoom midway to obtain normal focal length and assist you against the deformation of the face.
All cameras with flip screens come with restrictions, and this camera is no exception. It can diminish its performance in a low-light setting; you may need to get a good lighting prior to recording the videos. This camera has a minimalist design, and you can carry this anywhere you want to go with ease, and you can store it easily in your pocket. It comes with built in flash and NFC for fast pairing between this unit and another NFC enabled device like camera, lens release, as well as the Auto Focus, assist lamp.
- It is integrated with dedicated selfie mode
- 1080p/130p recording as well as stills for a very reasonable price
- Superb battery life as well as available for a cheap price
- Restricted physical controls
- Lens collection is also limited
- 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor for high-quality images and life like colors with crystal clear resolution
- Stylishly slim (22.5mm), & impressively light (158g)
- Share your best photos instantly with Family and Friends with Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- SMART features - Social Media Upload, E-mail, Photo beam, DirectLink, MobileLink, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder PRO, AllShare, Baby Monitoring
- 1080p HD Video
What to Look For in the Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
There are things you need to consider when buying the best vlogging camera with a flip screen. Some of these factors are as follows:
This is the first feature you need to consider when buying a camera for video blogging. A camera with a flip screen allows you to take the best and perfect selfie and see yourself live while recording videos. With this feature, you are able to control angles, focus as well as lighting.
The best and most excellent flip has an almost 3 inches screen, which is the standard size. Professional video bloggers and YouTubers always suggest purchasing a flip screen camera.
Resolution and Video Quality
This is an apparent reason you must look for as you wouldn’t want to waste your valuable time recording and to shoot average superior videos, therefore producing amazing quality videos, you must pick the 4K UHD, FHD with 1080p or at least 720 p HD.
Many people think that the high MP or megapixels of the video camera with a flip screen is excellent for a vlogger. Megapixel is a vital factor, but you also have to consider other factors like the processor, focal length, sensor size as well as lens aperture.
Weight of the Camera
People don’t feel comfortable with a big or bulky camera and get exhausted and feel pain and ache in the wrist. A lot of vloggers opt to a lightweight camera as it allows them to carry anywhere as well as easily controllable. If you have a plan of recording videos with the use of a tripod, you must still consider the weight of the camera as not all cameras will fix on a tripod. Lightweight is vital as this allows you to fix it in all cases. A lot of mirrorless cameras available are smaller and lightweight as opposed to DSLRs.
This is considered the most significant part of a vlogging camera with a flip screen. The camera lens directly affects the zooming as well as the focusing quality of the video. A lot of vloggers and photographers alike choose built-in lenses as they have the capability to produce superior quality pictures and video.
When buying a camera, you can think of the mirrorless camera that you can interchange the lens and take pleasure the more exceptional features such as optic zoom as well as background blurring effects. It is equally vital to have a vlogging camera that provides facial recognition as well as a good Auto Focus trace.
Choosing what frame rate you’re planning to film is one important decision vloggers, and YouTubers need to make. Frame Rate per second or FPS means how many images the camera is taking or shooting every second you took a video at 30 fps, one second of video, you’re seeing thirty individual frames. Mostly 30 frames for every second or lower is okay for casual shooting. However, for slow motion, the higher the frames per second, the better.
OIS or Optical Image Stabilization
This largely depends on the kind of video you are shooting. Of course, no one wants to see a shaky video. OIS or Optical Image Stabilization assists in keeping the image stable although you’re moving around. This state-of-the-art feature is handy when you’re holding the camera in your right hand while you are taking video. To obtain more stabilization on the video, it is advisable to invest in handheld gimbals.
Microphone Options: A lot of cameras with flip screens available on the market today come with a microphone; however, they are only of average quality. If you want a good sound while taking a video in a loud setting, you must think of adding an additional microphone. So, looking for a vlogging camera with a flip screen that has a 3.5, jack, or hot shoe is the best choice.
Low Light Performance: If you’re going to film your vlog at the comfort of your home, buy a vlogging camera that has a reliable low-light performance. A lot of indoor cases can be categorized as low light. Once the camera doesn’t have good performance in a low light setting, it will lessen its frame per second and also show image noise.
We hope you liked our suggestion of some remarkable cameras with flip screens that you can use for vlogging. Go choose anyone that best suits your requirements and budget and unleash the talent in vlogging in you. No matter what camera you choose, one thing is for sure, you will have a memorable and stress-free vlogging experience.